- Envision Arabia Summit
- EAS 2012
- EAS 2011
- Support ADI
Sceince and Technology
1. Privatization of Scientific Research: This ties in well with education too. Currently, the minimal scientific research output of the Arab world comes from severely underfunded public universities and governmental research institutes. There is a lot of potential encouraging the research output of Private Universities and/or Private Companies.
2. Renewable Energy: We had a similar topic last year, but its such an essential topic. We can twist it to focus more on Nuclear Energy too. Here is an interesting report I found on the topic.
3. Water Resource Management: Water will soon become the most critical resource in the world, triggering more wars than oil currently does. The Arab world has a fair amount of fresh water, but is poorly managed.
4. Recycling/Environmental sustainability: I don't know if this warrants a topic on its own, or maybe it can be merged with environmentally-friendly construction (or eco-construction). However, I feel in the Arab world, we lack the general 'culture' of recycling.
5. Scientific Innovation: Scientific innovation by the youth needs to be encouraged and developed from an early age. If this ties in with education, to promote these ideas in curricula, and maybe even have special schools that train these skills.