- Envision Arabia Summit
- EAS 2012
- EAS 2011
- Support ADI
Law and Human Rights
1. Civil society: discussion on how to establish a civil society that is capable of engaging in political debate and decision making. Focused on the social level.
2. Establishing Rule of Law: focused on the institutional side of things. How to establish checks and balances, an impatial judicial system, and a mechanism to protect the rights of all citizens.
3. Migrant worker rights: A workshop on how to improve the plight of migrant workers and protect their human rights.
4. Integration of women into public and political life: women’s representation in what passes for parliaments back home is still very low (and those who are there are for the most part appointed). How to provide women the opportunity to participate in politics and how to make society accept it.
5. The role of International law: How is its advocacy useful in cases with regimes with a record of non-compliance and poor human rights track record.